Saturday, June 16, 2007

Welcome To Nostalgia Kinky


Greetings and thanks for stopping by to my tribute to my favorite actress, Nastassja Kinski. I have been frustrated by the lack of serious attention that has been given to Nastassja's remarkable film career, so I thought I would start this blog to give due respect to it.
My name is Jeremy Richey and I am a college student in Kentucky. I have a main blog that I post on daily at mooninthegutter.blogspot.com and am obviously very fascinated by cinema.
Nastassja has been my favorite actress since I saw her in CAT PEOPLE when I was in my early teens. I have managed to collect nearly all of her films as well as some of her rare television work. I also have a large collection of rare clippings and articles that I hope to post on here in the future.
The main point of this blog is to take an in depth look at the film career of Nastassja. This will include my reviews of all of her films as well as looking at related materials such as tie in novels, press reports, outside reviews and soundtrack albums. I will also be posting many photos of Nastassja, some from my own collection and many from other online resources.
I have a very deep respect for Nastassja as a human being so I will not be focusing on her personal life. Occasionally published photos with her family might be posted and a personal well known tidbit might be mentioned in connection to the film I am talking about, but this will not be a blog interested at all in gossip.
I will also occasionally be posting on the careers of Nastassja's legendary father Klaus as well as her lovely daughter Sonja.
Comments are most appreciated but please keep them respectful to Nastassja and her family. I want this to be a nice place for her fans to come and celebrate her career.
So here we go. I will be looking at her films in chronological order starting with her first WRONG MOVE. I will obviously be spending more time on her major films than her lesser work and I will try to update the site at least a couple of times a week. My hope is to focus on at least one of her films a week.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy my tribute.

11 comments:

Cinebeats said...

I'm so happy to see that you've created a blog to celebrate the life and work of Nastassja! She's one of my favorite actresses and I just adore her. Not only is she's stunning to look at but she's an amazing actress that has been really under-used in my opinion.

It's rare when the child of a talented artist inherits all their parents skills in equal measure, but she really does her father proud.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog and I plan on adding it to my links!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much Kimberly,
This blog is going to be a real labor of love for me and I hope to make it as good as I can.
I'm happy to have you as the first one that has left a comment on it...I hope you enjoy it and thanks for adding the link.

Richard Gibson said...

Good luck with your new blog - I like her too.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Richard,
I appreciate the kind words and I hope I can post some stuff on here that you will enjoy.
Thanks again.

Rogue Spy 007 said...

It is great to see a blog dedicated to Nastassja. I've thought she was so sexy since I was first saw "Cat People" in my early teens. She is stunningly gorgeous. I've enjoyed all the films of hers I've seen over the years. I don't know as much about her as I would like. This blog will be a great chance for me to learn more about her film career. I'll have to make sure I see more of them. It will also be nice to look at more hot pictures of this goddess. I did think she had a good daddy. I loved him in "Nosferatu" among other films. Good luck with the new blog. I can't wait to really check it out.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith for the kind words. I do hope that I am able to introduce some fine and forgotten films your way with this, and anyone else who is reading.
I love Klaus too and he will be making an occasional appearance also.
Thanks again.

scott said...

yes, this is a great blog! keep it up!! I am enjoying all the kinski reviews & articles immensely!

best,
scott

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Scott for the kind note...I hope you continue to find the posts enjoyable and informative...thanks again

rodanrodan2000 said...

I love this blog. As a fan of Nastassja since the 1970's I have managed to see all but a couple of her films, even the films that were never officially released in the United States.

I am especially impressed by the thoughtful and intelligent commentary offered, including a look at the various cinematographers who have worked with Nastassja.

Good luck and I look forward to reading each of your entries as you go through each film. And here’s hoping that we will see Nastassja in a film worthy of her in the near future.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much.
I will be covering all of her films...hopefully around one a week so I hope you keep enjoying the blog...thanks for the very nice comments.

octavio said...

i love you nastassja kinski from toluca mexico.