Friday, August 24, 2007

Odds and Ends #8 (Cat People)


I feel like I have presented a pretty exhaustive look at CAT PEOPLE here in the last couple of weeks. I apologize for the sporadic nature of some of the posts as my vacation interrupted things a bit.
Fans are advised to check out the 1982 cover stories on CAT PEOPLE from Film Comment and American Film for more information on the film. Also an article in American Cinematographer is fairly exhaustive and essential.
CAT PEOPLE remains probably Nastassja's most famous film. It is hard to believe it didn't do well upon initial release as it has been a film that has never gone away. Despite some minor flaws, it is a film I love very much. I hope those reading have enjoyed my tribute to it.
I will begin my look at Nastassja's next film, SPRING SYMPHONY later this weekend.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I've enjoyed all the postings you did on "Cat People." I love this film. It and "Tess" were the first two films of hers that I ever saw. They are still my favorites. "Cat People" is such an intriguing and beautiful film. I love it a lot.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I appreciate your continuing support.