Saturday, November 24, 2007

Paris, Texas: A Personal Introduction


PARIS, TEXAS is among a small handful of films that I typically name among my all time favorites. These include, among a few others, Bernardo Bertolucci's LAST TANGO IN PARIS (1972), Nicolas Roeg's THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH (1975), John Alvidsen's ROCKY (1976), Kieslowski's THREE COLORS: RED (1994) and Mike Figgis' LEAVING LAS VEGAS (1995).
Wim Wender's PARIS, TEXAS might very well be at the very top of my list, but it is hard to say. I can say that it is my favorite Nastassja Kinski film, which makes it particularly special to this blog. Unlike almost every other film I am covering here though, there is already a wealth of information on this very special film online. Before I began my postings on it, I wanted to give special mention to one of them.
While it has not been updated in a while, this incredible PARIS, TEXAS fan site, is an exhaustive tribute to the film, and I can hope to add little except my own thoughts concerning it here.

I will begin my own look at the film in the next day or so, but I urge everyone interested to visit the above link. It is one of the best film sites on the web.
Also, please visit Wim Wender's official site for more valuable information of one of Nastassja's greatest directors and the three films they made together.

PARIS, TEXAS is a film that means a great deal to me. I hope my upcoming posts on different aspects of it prove interesting.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

This is an amazing film. I enjoyed it when I saw it. It's definitely a special picture. I am interested to see your blogging on this one. I don't blame you for naming it one of your favorites, but Nastassja is wonderful here. I'll be sure to check out that link.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...hope you enjoy the upcoming posts...