Wednesday, May 21, 2008

#24: Il Segreto

1990’s Il Segreto would mark the second and final time Nastassja would work with director Francesco Maselli. Unlike their first collaboration, L’Alba, Il Segreto is a much more traditional narrative film filled out by a large cast including Stafano Dionisi, Franco Citti and the always wonderful Chiara Caselli.
Unfortunately my copy of this very rare film (that, like L’Alba, has never had any sort of home video release that I can find record of) is of very poor quality and is in Italian only so I am unable to offer up any sort of real critique of it. I hope these exclusive screen shots will suffice for now, and I will give the film a proper look in the future if I can.















2 comments:

noriaki78 said...

I have the videos "L'Alba", "Il Segreto", "In Camera Mia", and "Unizhennye i oskorblyonnye". But I don't understand those stories at all, because they are not English...

A trader on eBay sold them to me. The videos are released from ViViVideo. I wonder they are NTSC format...

Stefano said...

I can witness this is one very deep movie, digging deep into one of the biggest taboo of our time, father to daughter child incest.
It is visionary and totally free from stereotypes, and with the help of impalpable material (more silence than words) gives you the deepest taste of the pain, damage and hurt arising from it for all people involved.
It's too bad you don't understand the dialogues. Although I only saw it one time, I consider it one of my favourite movies. I would die to have a copy and watch at least another time. I will look on Ebay.