Friday, June 29, 2007

Odds and Ends #3 (For Your Love Only)


I am having to dispense with my look at the critical reactions to Nastassja's third film simply because I can't find enough to constitute a post for it. As a German tv film there is very little vintage English language information available on it that I have been able to locate. I found a few current paragraph long reviews on line but nothing that really caught my eye enough to re post. I think it is safe to say that FOR YOUR LOVE ONLY is among the most inconsequential films of Nastassja's early career although it did get her noticed and spread her fame in Germany. It is also safe to say that the film does have a certain following in Germany for people who saw it when they were younger and I hope my rather harsh comments concerning it haven't caused any offence to anyone reading this. It works as a TV film from the seventies and it doesn't strive to be anything else, although its current 7.4 rating at IMDB suggests it does for the 227 people who have voted on it.
Outside of some original German promotional material for it in 1977 and some posters for its 1983 brief theatrical release, I haven't been able to find any memorable for FOR YOUR LOVE ONLY.
The film has a major fan at this address:
http://www.madame-pompadour.com/Kinski_Reifezeugnis/index1.htm
Here you can find a large number of screen captures from the film featuring many striking shots of Nastassja throughout the film.
The film has never been released on DVD in the United States and the VHS for FOR YOUR LOVE ONLY has been out of print for years, although used copies occasionally pop up on Ebay and Amazon.

Up next I will be looking at Nastassja's forth film, the coming of age feature PASSION FLOWER HOTEL (BOARDING SCHOOL). Material for this film is much easier to find so expect some longer posts than the ones I managed to deliver for FOR YOUR LOVE ONLY.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I'll have to check out that link to see what this fan has put up there. It seems like any film, no matter how little known or insignificant, has at least one fan who adores it.

Jeremy Richey said...

The site is basically a lot of screen caps from the film...lots of great shots of Nastassja...thanks for commenting