Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cat People: The Novelization Tie In


Well worth searching out for fans of the Paul Schrader's CAT PEOPLE is Gary Brander's (author of THE HOWLING) tie in novelization that came out in 1982. I must admit that I am a big fan of these sorts of tie ins as not only collectibles but at times as valuable extensions of the film, as often they are based directly on the screenplay and feature material removed from the final cut.
It has been years since I have read the CAT PEOPLE Tie in but I remember it reading really well and feeling quite different from the finished film. I need to revisit it one day...it is available used very cheaply from Amazon and other vendors.

1 comment:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I've always loved reading novelizations of movies I enjoyed. Never read this one though. Sounds cool.