Wednesday, July 25, 2007

This One's From The Heart


Up next I will be looking at one of the strangest and most controversial films in Nastassja's filmography, Francis Ford Coppola's ONE FROM THE HEART. This 1982 feature has divided film fans and critics since it was first released and it is a difficult film to write about. I have very strong feelings on it though and hope I can do it some justice in the next week or so.
While not necessarily hurting Nastassja's career, the films disastrous initial reception would set in motion a series of films for her that typically would be greeted with more disdain than acclaim, even though almost all of her films from this period have taken on major cult status. Perhaps none more so than ONE FROM THE HEART.
My look at this wild, flawed and ultimately very brave film will begin in the next day or so. I am entering into Nastassja's greatest period and I extremely excited about it. I hope anyone who might be reading will share in it and enjoy the posts.

No comments: