Friday, February 15, 2008

Odds and Ends: Revolution

REVOLUTION could have been such a powerful experience. The idea of telling the tale of the Revolutionary War through the eyes of a talented British director and starring three of the most iconic actors of their respective generations seemed like gold, but REVOLUTION stands as one of the biggest failures (financially and critically) in all of modern cinema.
I have decided to hold off on my long review of the film until the DVD finally hits the states, which it eventually will. I am doing this for a few reasons. One is that I want to highlight the DVD when it does finally come out, as it is now the last Al Pacino film to not be available and also I want to view the film in the best way possible. If nothing else, the splendid photography in the film deserves to be seen in the best format possible, and that is something I haven't seen yet. Finally I really want to get started on Nastassja's next film, a European production that would team her with two of France's greatest actors and one its major director.
If HAREM and REVOLUTION were two of Nastassja's most disapointing films, then MALADIE d'AMOUR is one of her most special. My look at this underseen little gem will begin shortly.

1 comment:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I am interested in seeing this film. It does look beautiful, even if it has some major and serious flaws. I do think a film about the American Revolution done by a British director sounds like it would have an interesting perspective.